The perfect place for the potential tenant
Okay! So you have decided to look for a new place for you and your family to live. Now that you have begun the search it is important to remember this; landlords are looking for a tenant who will pay their bills on time, maintain a clean and well-kept home and has steady employment with a reasonable income to justify the rent.
Great! Now you have found that perfect place. It looks like your ready to apply for the property. Click on the link below and you can view our rental application. Print an application out for you and any other adults that will be living with you. Accurately and completely fill out the entire application and submit via fax or in person to our office.
Note: We require $30.00 per credit application for processing fee. American Investments Property Management retains the right to increase the credit application amount at any time without notice.
Just started your search? Take a look at our Property>For Rent page to view a list of rentals complete with pictures and details.
Policies on Qualifying Applicants
American Investments Property Management has a few policies that you should keep in mind before we accept your application.
- You must schedule an appointment with one of our agents to see the inside of the property.
- All deposit funds and first months rent must be in certified funds. (Cashiers check, money order)
- Rent is always due on the 1st of the month. It is late after the 5th.
- In some cases bad credit does not automatically disqualify you from consideration however you must have an acceptable landlord history and at least 6 months on the job.
American Investments Property Management reserves the right to change the qualification standards that are currently listed.
Current Tenant Information
Do you have a maintenance issue? Please click on the online maintenance request form below. Print a copy, fill it out giving as much information as possible and fax it to our office at 805-933-9021. We will respond within 24 hours. Monday – Friday. Weekends please call the office at 805-933-2121…our office phone will roll over to the Agent on duty.
If you have an emergency that needs immediate attention, please call us at 805-933-2121.
Maintenance Request Form
Helpful Tenant Tips and links
Tenants often suffer because they are not aware of their rights. American Investments Property Management pays attention to the ever changing landlord tenant laws in order to protect our clients from liability. If you have questions about your rights, check this link Landlord Tenant Law
It’s a common misconception that owners do not want their tenants to contact them when they have a maintenance issue. Many issues that occur around a home do not require a major expense but if neglected, could become a much larger problem. If it is causing an inconvenience to you it’s possible that the landlord would be willing to repair the item. It’s just as important to the landlord in most cases that the home remains occupied and in good condition. Don’t fear retaliatory actions from the landlord. Report the problem. I think you’ll find most landlords appreciate your diligence with regards to the care of their home.
If you have lost or misplaced your maintenance instructions addendum, just click on the link below to print out another copy. Please remember that this addendum is something that needs to be thoroughly read and followed throughout your tenancy and upon move-out.
Maintenance Instruction Addendum
Before you vacate a property the following steps should be taken:
- Provide American Investments Property Management with a 30-day notice. The day you give the notice is the day the 30 days will begin. You can give your notice any day of the month. For example, if you give your notice on June 16th 2012, your last day at the property would be July 15th 2012.
- At some point during that 30 days leading up to vacancy, provide American Investments Property Management with a forwarding address and contact American Investments Property Management if you have questions about a pro-rated amount of rent.
- American Investments Property Management will provide you with an inspection form that will give you an option to have a pre-inspection done with one of our agents. The purpose of this inspection is for the agent to review with you the definition of cleanliness and for American Investments Property Management to make a list of items that still need to be done in order for you to receive the maximum amount back from your security deposit.
- Upon vacating the property, you need to return all keys and any remotes (if applicable). American Investments Property Management has 21 days to return the security deposit. If the forwarding address is not provided this will hold up the return of your security deposit.
- The security deposit will be mailed to you. We do not allow tenants to come by the office to pick up their check.